Despoiler is a Team Objective arena racer where players pilot hovercrafts across the desolate wildlands, scavenging the valuable scrap they need to unlock utilities, upgrades, and win the game.
- 5v5 online
- Team Objective multiplayer
- Unique 'escalation' focused game-mode
- Physically simulated hovercrafts
- Beautiful environments and vehicles
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Gather scrap - the resource of despoilers. Team with the most at the end of a match wins.
- Scrap can be found through the level, or contained in old scrap silos - destroy silos to release scrap.
- Scrap is carried on the hull of your vehicle - it works like armour.
- Drop scrap at your base to unlock utilities and upgrades
- The more scrap you have the better utilities and vehicles your team unlocks
- Utilities and Upgrades equipped in-match at the base
- Steal the enemies scrap to sabotage their progress
- Destroy the enemy base's core to end the game early
In development since the beginning of 2016, (prototyping began in april), the alpha was released in October, and the game has since been Greee-lit on steam. Targeting a mid 2017 release.
Alpha now available, download it here.
Steam-Greenlight - campaign here.
We are on indedb.com - our page is here.
- New Team of Six working on our first release
- Studio name: Parallax Labs
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Passions: PC Gaming, competitive balance, strategic progression , no 1-hit kills
- Inspirations: Mobas, Counter-Strike, Squad, Cliff Bleszinski games
Despoiler is developed by a team of six, Parallax Labs. Our goal is to create fun and strategic multiplayer games, where players can butt heads and get really excited about destroying their friends.
Elliot Gray - Creative and Technical Director
Danyon Fitzsimon - Producer, Level Designer
Iain Nicholas - Business Dev, Programming and Design
Peter Tran - Programming and Design
Harrison Armitage-Bath - Artist
Andrew Clarke - Design and Audio Implementation
Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1HB5ORFUhY
DOWNLOAD Press kit
This page's content + a few extras wrapped up in a handy zip